Thursday 3 April 2014

Eating the rainbow!

With an addition of chocolate, of course. Life wouldn't be as good without heaps and heaps of chocolate in all its shapes. Since I make my own chocolate its always sugar free and raw, which is just a huge bonus seen from a nutritional perspective! And also a huge bonus seen from the perspective of my, way too sensitive, stomach...

Now even though I have consumed a considerable amount of chocolate today my breakfast happened to be chocolate free! But not fruit free! I guess that yesterdays low intake of fruit is what caused me to crave it like crazy today.


My breakfast was positively delicious, even though it lacked chocolate, and consisted of an apple layered with mashed dates and almond butter. And some sundried mulberries on the side! Completely raw breakfasts always make me feel so energized and full of life!

Studying on the other hand, makes me feel nothing but tired and stressed. So naturally I procrastinated it by working out, then realizing that I was lacking bananas so I ran to the store to buy some. Now I was actually planning on having a cooked lunch but as I walked into the store I saw that both the grapes AND the strawberries were cheap! And all of a sudden lunch also turned out to be completely raw!


Mmm… bananas… strawberries… omnomnom!


And lets not forget the bowl of almond/chocolate butter that I made for me and me alone. Luxury. Seriously though, fruits (especially strawberries) are just the best! Especially when paired with chocolate!

After lunch I actually got some studying done though, until I started to bake! The recipe for these babies will be up tomorrow since I have some pictures left to take before I can post. But I can tell you this; they are really, really good! And very good for you with their good fats and low sugar content! And did I mention that they taste a like a little bit of heaven? And that they're completely raw?


As you can see I didn't have the patience to wait for them to solidify completely so it got a bit messy as I ate them… also I made waaaaay too much chocolate coating so I was left with a bowl half filled with chocolate. I solved this by eating more fruits out in the garden, dipped in chocolate of course!


Ah… I really need to eat some vegetables now… and study… 

No comments:

Post a Comment