Friday 18 April 2014

Salad deserves more praise then it gets...

So yesterday I spent my day making a great variety of raw food dishes. And while it's really fun and interesting to slooooowly roast things into the perfect consistency and blend up delicious snickers-like pies (that one tasted divine, just saying) it often gets very heavy. Lots of nuts, seeds and coconut oil. Which are all really great but not really a meal on their own. When I have my raw food days I tend to eat a lot of healthy desserts (not that I don't do this otherwise but still…) which leaves me with insane cravings for greens and vegetables during the evening. So after a day filled with indulgence (also know as "heaps of chocolate in all it's raw forms") I whipped up this salad…


Or well I didn't whip it… I chopped, peeled and tossed it. So much greens, so much vegetables! And pine nuts, because they are really crunchy and yummy!

I served this with copious amounts of water and a dressing made with avocado, garlic and lemon juice! A very fresh and crispy ending to a great day!


Now I am a salad enthusiast and eat it in some form every day. But the salad in itself, the spinach, rucola, lettuce, kale and all the other leafy greens out there deserves so much more praise then they're getting! They are so good for you and there is a leafy green for every occasion!

If you have a hard time getting enough leafy greens then I strongly recommend throwing some spinach in your morning smoothie! Easy way to get a cup or so first thing in the morning!

Have a great easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment