Monday 21 April 2014

Black Bean Burgers

I am the master procrastinator but instead of just plain out ignore studying I figured that I could post a recipe favorite of mine (while plain out ignoring studying)! These black bean burgers are wholesome and really good! They will not taste like a burger made from meat but they're delicious nevertheless, and if you're anything like me (a non-meat-eater) then you're probably going to find these to taste way better then any meat burger out there!


Black Bean Burgers (makes 4 big burgers)
     230 grams of cooked black beans
     1 onion
     1 egg
     1 dl oats (30 grams, a bit less then 1/2 cup)
     1-2 tbsp cornstarch
     1/2-1 tsp salt
     1/2 tsp black pepper
     1/2 tsp chili powder

Directions:
Making these burgers is ridiculously simple! Just put all the ingredients into a food processor and mix it until it's all mashed and mixed. I mix mine finely because I like them that way but if you're a fan of chunky bean burgers you just have to mix a little less! Feel free to add more spices if you like your food spicy! And you most certainly don't have to season your burgers with the spices mentioned! I bet they would be delicious with some garlic powder!
You can either fry them in a lightly greased frying pan or pop them into the oven (heated to 200 °C, which is about 380 °F) and leave them there for 15-20 minutes. If you leave them in the oven for too long they tend to get a bit grainy so if you want to go with the safe and non-grainy alternative then I recommend frying!


During the summer I eat these burgers all the time, usually with a big salad and heaps of sauce! Or with fried mushrooms as in the picture above! The fact that they're so quick and easy to make makes them a go-to summer food for me since I am usually rather busy during the summer months!


As you can see one of these burgers already contain
more then 1/4 of the fibre needed for one day so
they're sure to keep you full for a while. All in all they
are filled with slow carbohydrates, wholesome proteins
and very little fat. I usually use full fat yogurt to make
the sauce for these because I like to have a balance
of fat, proteins and carbohydrates!

Oh and as you can see in the pictures, I never eat
just one but always 2 or 3 depending on how hungry I
am and what I serve with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment