Wednesday 23 April 2014

Zucchini Scones!

Greens in scones are great.
You may not believe me...
... so just try these goodies!

These honestly turned out way better then I expected and they're great with chocolate almondbutter and a sliced banana on top!

I mean just look at these goodies! If any of them were left I'd devour them right here and now!


Ingredients (makes 4-5 scones)
      3 dl oatflour/grounded oats (110 grams, about 1 1/4 cup)
      1 dl gluten free whole-grain flour (60 grams, a bit less then 1/2 cup)
      1 Tbsp baking powder
      1/2 tsp salt
      1/4 tsp xanthan gum
      3 Tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
      2 1/2 dl grated zucchini (about 1 cup)
      2 eggs
      ev. bread-spice

Directions:
Put all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until it's all combined. Add the applesauce and zucchini and mix before adding the eggs. Make sure not to overmix!

Place 4-5 dollops of dough onto a covered baking tray and pop it into an oven preheated to 200 °C (about 390 °F) and leave the scones there for about 20 minutes. Take them out and allow them to cool a little so that you don't burn your tongue!


Now the nutrition label is based on 5 scones and I must say
that it's looking pretty fine!

I looked up the nutrition value for a regular scone recipe and
found that for a scone equal to the size of these you'd get way
less fibre (about 4 % instead of 15 %). The fat content would
be about 10 % higher! Because of the higher fat content the
calories in a regular scone lands on around 225-240 according
to my calculations (on a 85 g sized bun that is).

So I would rather eat these healthy and good for my body
scones then regular ones, because I can top these with all
the almondbutter in the world! And almondbutter, as everyone
already knows, equals happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment