Sunday 13 April 2014

Sugar Free Waffles!

I hurt my hip this Wednesday and quite frankly it hurts a lot. So I can't train, not even the teeny tiniest bit of yoga… So naturally I will spend all day cooking instead, because comfort food is a must when you can barely waddle around!

We've been working with waffles in school the past few days, leaving me with a desperate longing for them. So I figured that I'd whip up a single serving of fibre rich, sugar free and most of all delicious waffles!


Ingredients (serves 1)
      1 dl buckwheat flour (a bit less then 1/2 cup)
      1/4 tsp baking powder
      1-2 tbsp erythritol or another sugar substitute/just regular dry sweetener
      1/8 tsp xanthan gum
      1/4 vanilla pod or vanilla extract
      4 tbsp eggwhite
      3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
      1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
      a dash of salt

Directions:
Mix all the dry ingredients together carefully, they tend to get all over the place otherwise. Pour in the wet ingredients and mix until completely smooth, make sure that there is no lumps at all! Heat your waffle iron and grease it with coconut oil if that's needed. Place half of the mixture in the iron and press down. Wait for about 2-5 minutes (this really depends on what waffle iron you're using so please make sure to check on the waffles the first time you make these). Take out the finished waffle and cook the rest of the mixture.

Top with whatever you fancy but I strongly recommend fruits and chocolate sauce!



Here is a nutrition label for these two waffles. As you can see
they have quite a low amount of calories so topping them with
everything that you have on hand won't be a problem!

They also contain a decent amount of protein as well
as a good chunk of your needed fibre for the day! Meaning
that they will keep you full forever! Even I, who usually
get hungry two hours after eating, stood my ground
for at least four hours! But that probably has more to do
with me being unable to move around.

So go outside lovely people! Enjoy your movability
because I can tell you that it sucks not being able to
tie your own shoelaces…
But at least I can comfort eat on my homemade almond
cups, and that's pretty sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment