Tuesday 8 April 2014

A day of liquids!

My "liquid only day" truly did what it was supposed to do! It gave me back my energy and general excitement for life but also made my hungry. Not just hungry for food (even though that was a nice feeling after being sluggishly full for days) but hungry for cooking, learning and exercise! Since I was only consuming liquids I didn't do any intense exercise though! I'll save that for when I am more experienced with fast and the different varieties of it. I did some really great yoga though!

So since this was my first time doing something like this I decided to post pictures of my drinks and quickly go through what I had in them!

Breakfast consisted of a smoothie...


… that contained strawberries, milk, avocado and banana! Really delicious and put together in two minutes. The fact that we lacked spinach made me kinda sad though, since I was really looking forward to a huge, green smoothie first thing in the morning. But as I got a taste of this I decided that I would do just fine even without spinach!

For lunch I had something warm, more specifically this soup…


… that contained broccoli, peas and the spinach that I went to obtain. Deliciously green and a serious health bomb! Might post the recipe for this wonderful and wholesome soup when I have the time to snap some better pictures!

A few hours after lunch I felt kinda low on energy so I made a juice…


… that consisted of the broccoli stalks that got left over from the soup, some carrots and a few oranges. Really nom and really refreshing, just what I needed in order for me to keep on studying for another few hours.

Later during the afternoon I started to get a bit hungry again so I made a smoothie that would serve as a pre-workout snack since I was planning to do yoga within half an hour or so.


I threw some coconut milk, cacao, unsweetened protein powder, a banana and some spinach into my blender and prayed for the best. It turned out really nice and really boosted me for my yoga!

After my yoga I spent the evening chilling with my little sister and as we were watching yet another horse show I made myself an evening snack…


… which may not look very pretty (since it was dark) but it tasted divine! There is some spinach, banana and milk in there in case you were wondering. Really simple and easy!

So that's about it for today. I have really gotten my spirit back and I feel ready for the two long days that is about to come. Seems as if I have a tendency for taking on just a tad too much work… I have to learn how to say no! But that's for another day!

Tomorrow I am planning on breaking my liquid fast with banana pancakes and then I will move on to a potato salad made with heaps of steamed veggies! Aaaaand… then I don't really have any further plans, except for heaps and heaps of raw fruits and veggies of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment